My idea for the German conquest of the world focusses on creating Axis puppet states in Western Europe. Occupation would give me more recources but also creates resistance sentiments. By transferring subjungated countries into allies I hope to have my back secured when at last I take on the main enemy, the Sovjet Union.
Current Axis members
Current Strategic Victory Points
- Singapore under Axis control
- Batavia under Axis control
- Shanghai under Axis control
- Paris under Axis control
Events 1936 / 1937
German diplomacy will focus on the USA and the Netherlands as to influence them towards German interests. I hope to keep both out of the conflict as long as possible. Political activists and spies will undertake to support Faschist movements in these countries as well as in Austria, Poland, and Czechoslovakia. In December 1937 the support for the movement is rising:
- NSDAP 52% (Germany)
- NSDAP 10% (Austria)
- Sudetendeutsche Partei 14% (Czechoslovakia)
- German Union 7% (Poland)
- NSB 6% (Netherland)
- German American Bund 5% (USA)
The German aim for 1936/37 is to strengthen the industrial base, expand war related technology, and to expand the armed forces in preparation for the comming war. The main effort will be with the high tech forces as they need much time to build up.
- 01 February 1936 Reintroduction of conscription
- 09 July 1936 Spanish Civil War starts
- 05 December 1936 Reoccupation of the Rhineland
- 30 July 1937 Japan joins the Axis
- 15 September 1937 The Nationalists win in the civil war
Germany will now exert pressure on its neighbours to regain territory with mainly German speaking population. First on the list is Austria, later the Sudetenland and some regions in the east. The build up of the Wehrmacht is in full swing and will provide the armed fist to attain Germany’s goals.
- 19 February 1938 Annexation of Austria into the Reich
- 06 March Italy joins the Axis
- 21 May 1938 Aggreement of Munich and Reoccupation of the Sudetenland
NS establishes itself as the ruling power in the Reich. Pro-fascist sentiment is growing in several countries that are important to the German strategy:
- NSDAP 63% (Germany)
- Deutsche Vereinigung 22% (Poland)
- Sudetendeutsche Partei 12% (Czechoslovakia)
- German American Bund 20% (USA)
The German strategy calls for an early and lightning war against Poland. The preconditions for an escalation of conflicts with the neighbours are all set. End of March tensions rise to the extreme as Poland, then France and finally Germany mobilise. April sees a 10-day campaign in which the German forces overrun Poland.
- 21 March 1939 Czechia annexed by the Germany
- 22 March 1939 Poland mobilises
- 24 March 1939 France and Germany mobilise
- 01 April 1939 Lithuania cedes the Memel region to Germany
- 12 April 1939 Germany declares war over western Poland
- 22 April 1939 armestice in Poland, Germany annexes western Poland
Meanwhile the Allies fall upon the Italians in North Italy and Afrika. Italian territories in Ethiopia are are threatened. As an immediate support measure OKW commands Luftflotte II with a total of 8 Kampfgeschwader to attack French forces in Liguria. This meets some success.
- 01 Oktober 1939 the Wehrmacht invades the Netherlands. The same time Japan invades Indonesia.
- 28 October 1939 Dutch ask for an armistice and join the Axis as a puppet nation.
- 30 Oktober 1939 the Wehrmacht invades Belgium
- 01 December 1939 USSR invades Finnland
- 05 December 1939 USSR annexes Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
The Invasion of Belgium springs a Blitzkrieg into France. In a winter campaign Belgium and northern France are overrun. This brings an end to the french invasion of Italy. With the main antagonist on the continent subdued its timeto decide what to do next. The German armed forces are in need of some reorganisation and replenishment.
- 02 March 1940 France sues for peace and joins the Axis as a puppet nation
- 12 March 1940 Luxembourg is annexed into the Reich
- 08 June 1940 Danemark joins the Axis as a puppet state after a brief campaign
- 08 July 1940 Norway joins the Axis as a puppet state after a swift all arms campaign
Unexpectedly the British stage an invasion of the Netherlands. Strategig reserves are brought up and in a few days the British are defeated.