With the latest addition to my ASL game arsenal, namely the ARMIES OF OBLIVION, I am keen to use those Axis Minors. As I already own the OZEREKYA BREAKOUT pack published by Lone Canuck, I found it obvious to finally give this HASL a try. This campaign is about the landing of Sovjet Naval Forces in February 1943 west of NOVOROSSIYSK to cut of the German First Panzer Army on the Caucasus. Here we will find Russians fighting mostly Romanians and some Germans.
As I am going to play this solo I will first choose how to approach this endeavour. In the last few games I have been experimenting with a SASL-like approach using small red markers to mark possible positions. When a marked spot indeed turned out to be an enemy position I then drew units from a cup until the scenario oob was used up. This led to interesting games with stiff resistance popping up along the line of attack.
With the SALS card for Axis Minor Forces newly arrived I can now stage OZEREKYA BREAKOUT as a SALS campaign of sorts. At least that is the general plan.
So what are my RoE for this game?
- I will play the Sovjet side in each of the 8 Tactical Missions (TM)
- Axis forces I will choose randomly from the Axis Replacement Group Table
- I shall grant the Axis hotspot-markers #RP x 4 (i.e. 100 for the first TM)
- as soon as the first enemy is detected I will randomly determine the Axis RGs
- Axis forces are placed according to the Enemy Activation Table until all are fully deployed
- game length: after 4 turns I will roll a die during each RPh; if ≤ 2 game ends immediatly
This, I hope will do to start with the game.